An internship experience by Nomiki Frangopoulos
I spent my internship in the very artistic and cultural city of Pittsburgh, PA. My experience at Wall to Wall Studios put me into the lifestyle of a full-time employee with parallel responsibilities, creativity and professionalism. I was able to work on a variety of design pieces that were featured in magazines, restaurants and parks that will all be in my professional portfolio. Overall, a fantastic experience that has given me the foundation to start a full-time position upon graduation.
- Location, location, location. Pick a place that you’ll be happy.
- Be early for work, show your ambition.
- Always speak up, employers like to know that you can think!
- Ask for work. If you are light on the workload, ask for more.. they LOVE this.
- Be professional at ALL times with your employers and clients.
- Ask for evaluations on your strengths and weaknesses to continuously improve.