John Foster visited the xd:mfa studio on Friday to lead an iteration and prototyping workshop. Through the workshop, students learned to put the customer/user/student/citizen at the core of everything—a philosophy which melds perfectly with xd:mfa core values: human-centered, research-driven, technology-fueled, colalboratively-crafted. A few takeaways from the experience:
- Too often the design is driven by the client not the user.
- Prototypes provide something for the user to react to.
- Become the champion of the user. Experience Designers bring their clients new insight into their users.
- Understand the customer journey
- Build a feedback loop into your design process.